01 January 2009

The bells at Temple Square

This year I was so lucky to be able to participate in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert! Words can't describe how incredible it was! It was such a great experience for me and something that I will NEVER forget! It was such a powerful progam...their guests were Brian Stokes Mitchell and Edward Herrmann and I love them both! They both were so sweet and so humble! Brian Stokes is such an amazing singer...he blew me away!
Music is such a powerful thing anyway, but when you combine it with the spirit and the message of Christ's birth, you fall nothing short of phenomenal! I love Christmas time and the feeling that comes with it. There's always a sort of "glow"all around. I'm sure the snow, the christmas lights, the gift giving and the time spent with family and friends is definitely part of that glow. But I think the true reason for the special feeling is because of the emphasis on Christ and His birth, even if people refuse to admit it. It really is a magical time of year and for me, being in the Christmas concert made this year extra special. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! :) Love you all!


3 comments:

Cami said...

Tori that is so cool!! I LOVE the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert! It broke my heart that I couldn't go this year! & now i'm even sadder knowing you were in it! AWE MAN! You look beautiful!

The Chambers said...

Tori what an amazing experience! I wish I could have been there to feel the spirit and hear the music. I love music and i'm sure the setting was just breath taking. I'm so happy you got to do that. And your pics are beautiful! and your blog looks so cute! Happy New Year!

The Ostlers said...

What an awesome opportunity for you! How did you get involved in that my dear? You look fantastic and I hope all is well!