23 May 2010

Under Construction...


I recently read this quote and loved it! It just seems like lately my life has been a little "under construction", and although things have happened that I don't quite understand, or like, I know there is a reason for them in God's plan. I know that they are making me a better person and now is the time to be grateful for them and find purpose in, and during the hard times. This quote was just what I needed to hear, so I hope that maybe someone else out there might enjoy it as well...hope you like it :)

"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of — throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."

-C.S. Lewis





8 comments:

Kayli Sue said...

Love CS Lewis. And it's so true! I love the story where they talk about the refiner's fire too! How have you been?? I haven't really talked to you since Nauvoo. I read about your operation. My mom has something similar to what you had, so I know it's not a fun thing to go through. I hope all is well!

Unknown said...

LOVE it :)

C and MC said...

That is a way cute quote. Puts things into perspective. And there were no barf-inducing pictures. :) Love you Tor.

The Ostlers said...

Ah...what a great man CS Lewis was! A perfect quote for me today...thanks!

Hale-O There said...

Could you explain the construction details?

love ya

Lunar Eclipse said...

I like this quote.

Nele said...

I also like this quote. so true.

I'm kind of the same, sweat so much now, I live in Asia, the weather is really too much for me. Before I really seldom sweated.

Not really, I just checked a bit on the Internet. If I really follow what those articles suggest, I can't eat anything at all. But I do avoid food which contains iodine.

Ashley said...

That is such a great quote. I love C.S. to no end. Hope you're doing ok. You always seem to keep a good perspective on trials. Hang in there while your palace is being built :)